Ep #41: Love Yourself First
Recorded Live on KKNW1150. Join me and special guest, Andrea Michel — an intuitive transformational coach and purpose educator. Today we talk about why all of our stories matter, racism, and healing.
Today’s guest is Andrea Michel, an intuitive transformational coach and purpose educator, certified life coach, certified NLP practitioner, and speaker. She helps women leaders discover their purpose and passion, find “balance”, reconnect with, and find their identities.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- We’ve been conditioned to believe that when we take care of ourselves, we are being selfish— this is NOT TRUE!
- When you know exactly who you are, everything will fall into place.
- Everyone has a story. If you don’t share it, how will people really know you?
- Coming to terms with your story is empowering for you and other people.
- Not everyone is called to be on the front lines. Find your specific calling in the movement, and accept the challenge— we need everyone.
- It is critical that we educate ourselves and those around us.
- It is our responsibility to find out what our calling in this movement is.
- No matter the skin color, all human beings are made up of organs and blood. We are all one.
- If we believe in love, how can we sit silently and allow injustice?
- We must be willing to look at the suffering in the world and then take action.
- We are all products of our environment— we need to take inventory of what that means for each of us.
- The way to move the needle towards a collective love is to start by loving yourself.
With courage, kindness, and grace,
p.s. The heart story…
The uneven edges in Gary’s hand-crafted hearts is what makes them meaningful. Every one is unique, just like all of us. Click below to learn more about these little treasures or request an imperfect heart.