#29 Staying Positive in Times of Change
Recorded live on 1150KKNW with special guest Jane McCarthy, who joins me from JaneSTORM, where she helps others create a positive focus for their future. Today’s episode is packed full of ideas for taking time out for more positivity, gratitude, hope, and human connection in your life.
Today’s guest is the Chief Brainstormer at JaneSTORM and helps people connect with their vision and provide a positive focus for their future. She also coaches women on public speaking, sharing their stories, loyalty, and positivity. I am so excited to have Jane McCarthy as my guest today on Episode #29!
Key takeaways from this episode:
- There are 86,400 seconds in a day. Use some of those seconds to say, “thank you.” It seems very simple, but the more we say it, the easier it will be to get through difficult times.
- Keep gratitude at the forefront of our brains by writing a list of gratitude and thank people who make a difference in our life.
- For every heart-wrenching negative emotional experience, you need at least three heartfelt positive emotional experiences that uplift you. (Barbara Fredrickson, 3-to-1 ratio of positivity).
- People who have connections and are satisfied with their relationships have more appreciation, gratitude, and positive feeling towards life. (Harvard, Study on Happiness).
- It’s okay not to be positive daily or every single moment of the day.
- Be curious about people. If you find yourself jumping into conclusions or judgments, stop and ask yourself, “I wonder what’s going on for them?” This practice builds bridges, repairs relationships, and diffuses conflicts before they even start.
- Everybody puts their pants on the same way. Remember that we are different, and yet, we have so much in common.
- A little bit of compassion goes a long way.
- We need to believe that things are going to work out.
World-renowned researcher Dr. Barbara Fredrickson gives you the lab-tested tools necessary to create a healthier, more vibrant, and flourishing life through a process she calls “the upward spiral.”
Learn more about Jane, her unique coaching packages, and speaking workshops.
With courage, kindness, and grace,
p.s. The heart story…
The uneven edges in Gary’s hand-crafted hearts is what makes them meaningful. Every one is unique, just like all of us. Click below to learn more about these little treasures or request an imperfect heart.