#30 Be Bold. Be Brave. Be Authentically You.
Recorded live on 1150KKNW with special guest Marci Marra, executive coach, and public speaker. We dive into Marci’s work on compassion, connection, and authenticity. Today’s episode is full of aha moments around what holds us back from bringing our authentic selves and how to be bold, brave, and set out on a new path.
Today’s guest is a native Washingtonian, who has spent the majority of her career as a management consultant working with organizations to transform their businesses. Marci is a committed leader and public speaker with a passion for inspiring people to innovate and make impactful changes. She is a certified coach and a member of the Forbes Coaches Council and integrates her coaching practices into all aspects of her life.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- What is keeping you from being worried and afraid right now?
- Believe in the beautiful human spirit; we are all rooted in love and something bigger than ourselves.
- Use this time to connect with people on a different and deeper level, ask them how they are really doing.
- When we focus too much on ourselves, we lose out. Spend time thinking about how you can help others. Ask them.
- Slow down and listen, don’t make assumptions, be present with whoever you are with.
- We are taught to be inauthentic; we need to unlearn that and show up as our whole, authentic selves.
- Get rid of the “should” and figure out what you really want. Not what everyone else wants from you.
- Being vulnerable creates a safe space for others to do the same.
Professional Certified Coach with more than 25 years of industry experience is ready to help you achieve your goals through career and life coaching.
Compassionate Leadership Talk
TEDx style talk by Marci Marra, who seeks to embody compassion and mindfulness. Imperfect, real and powerful – she shares her passions, challenges and provides insight into what sustains her on her leadership journeys.
With courage, kindness, and grace,
p.s Engage with other listeners
if you enjoyed hearing from listeners just like you – join the Imperfection Wins Insiders group on facebook to share and connect with others and get behind the scenes insight. Check it out!