#28 Minding Your Mind!
Recorded live on 1150KKNW with special guest Brooke Boon, who joins me from Holy Yoga Global. In a world full of uncertainty, it’s natural to feel anxious, and maybe even fearful. This episode focuses on finding positive energy and being intentional and compassionate with yourself and with others. This conversation is an excellent reminder that we are truly all in this together.
Today’s guest is the founder and CEO of Holy Yoga Global. Through her work she provides world-class training, certifying more than 4500 instructors globally. She also has authored and published 2 books: Holy Yoga: Exercise For the Christian Body and Soul as well as Hatha Yoga Illustrated. I am excited to have Brooke Boon as my guest today on Episode #28, where we talk about choosing positivity and compassion during trying times.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- We have a choice of what energy to let in.
- If we choose to participate in a lot of fearful and anxious conversations, we become fearful and anxious as well.
- Dr. David Hawkins Map of Consciousness; Operating in power versus force
- Force always meets counter force, power is complete, it doesn’t need to push
- Feed yourself with positive messages and interact with people who are being intentional and compassionate with themselves and others in the midst of trying times.
- Find energy from people who are lifting you up and who are thinking about the greater good.
- We should respect other people and be responsible for the energy that we bring and put out to them.
- In order to let go of something, you need to have an addition to take its place.
- What you resist persists.
- Find something to neutralize the negative reactions to difficult circumstances.
- Two of the things to find joy in the midst of our current suffering: doing things that we didn’t have time to do and doing things that matter.
- We are part of humanity. We are not autonomous from one another. We are in “this” together.
Map of Consciousness
Developed by Dr. David R. Hawkins and introduced in his New York Times best-selling book Power vs. Force, the Map of Consciousness is a powerful framework on human consciousness and their associated energy fields.
Holy Yoga Global
Holy Yoga Global is a leading, world-renowned Christ-centered training program that provides world-class yoga training. Visit their website to learn more.
Holy Yoga: Exercise For the Christian Body and Soul
Brooke’s fitness book designed specifically for Christians. In this book, Brooke reinforces the idea that by taking care of our bodies we can also take care of our faith
Hatha Yoga Illustrated
Written by Brooke with Martin Kirk and Daniel DiTuro, this book presents nearly 650 full-color photos to visually demonstrate 77 standard poses from hatha yoga that apply to all major hatha styles.