#21 Planting Seeds of Compassion
Recorded live on 1150KKNW with special guest Bella Chaffey. Today I kick off the podcast with the idea of planting seeds of compassion for yourself and others. Then Bella Chaffey joins me to discuss her journey in starting Alexander’s Hope. Her mission is full of compassion and increasing awareness of organ donation and cardiac testing for youth.
Today’s guest is the founder of Alexander’s Hope, a local non-profit, real estate agent, and all-around amazing role model when it comes to serving others with compassion. Join me in welcoming Bella Chaffey as my guest today on Episode #21, where we talk about serving others in significant ways and planting seeds of compassion in our community.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Surround yourself with people who lift you up, and accept you for who you are.
- Pay attention to who, what, and how you are giving your energy away.
- Sympathy is feeling bad for someone. Empathy is feeling bad with someone. Compassion is feeling with someone and taking action to ease their pain.
- Science shows compassion lower rates of anxiety, depression, and stress, and higher rates of happiness and improved immune function.
- What opportunities are you missing right now? Could compassion change your marriage, work, or someone else’s life?
- When you see an unmet need, ask, “Why not me?”
- Sometimes you only get enough light to take the next step. Take the leap!
Alexander’s Hope works to spread awareness of organ donation and helps provide lifesaving cardiac tests to students while teaching them CPR and how to operate an AED. If you are interested in volunteering or getting your free heart screening for kids from 14-24 years old visit our website.
Alexander’s Hope Valentine’s Day Dash
Register or volunteer for the 5K Run/Walk at the beautiful Kirkland waterfront in February.
Connect with Bella via her Instagram page.
With courage, kindness, and grace,
p.s. Never miss an episode!
I hope you are enjoying my podcast. Each month I send a letter out with the latest episode and ideas and tools that I believe are worth sharing. Get all the best content – directly in your inbox! Sign up today!