#17 Lose Your Inner Mean Girl
Today, my guest Jenny McAlaine and I talk about that inner mean girl. You know, that little voice that tells you that you are not enough? It’s time to give ourselves more self-love and control our innermost thoughts.
Today’s guest is a former teacher and school principal and is now a life coach for young women. Through her work, she provides support & empowerment for them not just to cope, but to thrive. I am so excited to have Jenny McAlaine as our guest on episode #17 today, where we dive into one of her favorite topics, how to stop trash-talking yourself.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- The thoughts that we are thinking are often what is making us feel stuck or overwhelmed.
- Get rid of that inner mean girl. You know, that little inner voice that tells you that you are not enough. It holds you back from the life you want.
- Try this activity: List out 100 things for ME to love about ME. Start with 10 per day and take the time to celebrate yourself.
- We are socially conditioned to look externally when trying to figure out what’s wrong. It’s hard to grow with this mindset.
- Want to start with a coach? The only requirement for success is to be ready to take action towards evolving into the best version of yourself.
- Go ahead. Feel your negative emotions. You can’t get through to the other side without that step.
Everything Is Figuroutable by Marie Forleo
It’s more than just a fun phrase to say! Retrain your brain to think more creatively and positively in the face of setbacks.
Super Attractor by Gabrielle Bernstein
Accepting that you are a Super Attractor will change everything. Learn how to co-create the life you want and tap into an infinite source of abundance, energy, joy, and well-being.
The Alter Ego Effect, by Tom Herman
After twenty-one years of working with elite athletes, performers and leaders, Todd Herman is revealing how you can use your alter ego to achieve the seemingly impossible.
Learn more about Jenny’s ‘Stop Trash Talking Yourself’ Course, her upcoming podcast, and sign up for her newsletter.
With courage, kindness, and grace,
p.s This is the last episode of the year! Do you have ideas of topics or guests you’d like to hear in 2020? Send me a note, I would love to hear from you!