#13 Debunking the Success Lie with Janelle Bruland
Have you bought into the lie that success requires you to do more, work harder, and accept more responsibility? Janelle Bruland, the author of the Success Lie, guides us on a more intentional and optimistic path to living a life of significance. Learn how to stop being over-committed, over-scheduled, and overwhelmed!
Today’s guest is an entrepreneur, business leader, and author of a book I love – The Success Lie. Through her work, she inspires others to live highly engaged, impactful, and successful lives. I’m so excited to have Janelle Brueland as our guest on Episode #13 today.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- We have an opportunity to provide influence. It’s crucial to ask if we are choosing to live our lives in such a way that we have a positive impact.
- Is your calendar packed? Be more intentional. Focus on the essential things and people that are important to you.
- Create a STOP DOING list. Remove the from your life that you aren’t passionate about, that drain you, or don’t align in your priorities. It’s ok to say no!
- Research shows we can not think a positive and negative thought at the same time.
- If we are aware of our mindset – we can grab that negative thought and shift it to something positive.
- Play to win! Consciously choose to go as far as you can with all that you have and learn from what happens.
- Stay focused on your gifts and what you are bringing to the world.
- You will fall down. Give yourself permission to fall, and get up and get back on track.
- It’s so easy to live life on ‘automatic.’ It is so easy to get caught up and not pay attention to where we are going.
The Success Lie by Janelle Bruland
Loved this book, so much practical advice along with actionable tools to help you overcome feeling stressed and overwhelmed.
With courage, kindness and grace,
p.s. Don’t wait – start your ‘stop doing list’ now!
Download this free workbook to create your STOP DOING LIST. That’s right, it’s time to prioritize what lights you up and eliminate the things that drain you. Let’s go!