#12 Imposter Syndrome in Young Professionals
Imposter syndrome is a common issue that is showing up in young adults as they enter the workforce. Am I competent enough for this job? What are my skills? Will I be able to do this? Today my summer intern, Meredith Barry and I chat about the reality of imposter syndrome in your early 20’s.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Vulnerability is crucial for young professionals to unlock their full potential.
- It’s ok to make mistakes.
- It’s easy to play the comparison game with your peers.
- Remember that everyone has a period of time where their gifts are unknown or undervalued, it takes time to figure out how to give them to your advantage.
- Self-doubt and fear can take over your mindset. When you’re stuck here, it’s hard to reach your full potential.
- Cultivating self-confidence is an integral part of personal growth and challenge yourself.
- There is a way to bring your whole self to work and do something meaningful at all stages of your career.
With courage, kindness and grace,
p.s. Do you know the story of these little hearts?
The uneven edges in Gary’s hand-crafted hearts is what makes them meaningful. Every one is unique, just like all of us. Click below to learn more about these little treasures or request an imperfect heart.