#11 Fighting Resistance with James Colburn
Many of us spend our lives searching for our calling or our lives’ purpose. What we don’t realize is that it’s right in front of us and that we already possess it. Today I speak with James Colburn, author of the book Resucceed, about fighting resistance and overcome your limitations.
Today’s guest is an executive coach and author of the book Resucceed. Through his work, he is committed to changing how we think about Human Potential. I’m so excited to have James Colburn as our guest on Episode #11 today.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- We already possess everything we need for success.
- Not everyone feels resistance in the same ways.
- Resistance can be tricky. It can lurk behind activities that you frequent – like social media, surfing the internet, drinking, working late, obsessively tracking your to-do list, cleaning the house, pursuing perfection.
- Look at yourself objectively. Are you resisting something? Are you doing something instead of the things that you need to be doing?
- Be intentional about the relationship you have with yourself. What are your habits? Are you over-intellectualizing? Are you too busy?
- Your life is bigger than your biggest accomplishment!
- Incremental steps forward are still steps towards your goals.
- Next time you read a book, listen to a podcast, or attend a conference – skip taking copious notes and write down the three most significant a-ha moments and put it into practice.
With courage, kindness and grace,
p.s. Never miss an episode!
I hope you are enjoying my podcast. Each month I send a letter out with the latest episode and ideas and tools that I believe are worth sharing. Get all the best content – directly in your inbox! Sign up today!